Sunday, February 26, 2017

# 34 LEG UPDATE, CARDIOLOGIST

11/14/16 I visited my cardiologist office. Doppler was done on both legs. 
In the follow-up with Dr Dave' on 12/2/16 he said there is 100% blockage in my right leg and 85% in my left leg. He said it got worse because of the radiation.   No wonder I lost my balance a lot and couldn't walk a block without calf muscle pain!

Procedure was scheduled for right leg for 12/19/16.  

My daughter Tina with me



Procedure was scheduled for left leg for 2/1/17. So, to date 3 procedures have been done on my legs. This procedure included removing blood clots. I developed a hematoma in recovery which they took care of but they had to keep me overnight. In other words I leaked! (A hematoma is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels.)  Big lump at site of incision and LARGE area of black and blue too! Here's the contraption they put on to press the hematoma down.




THE RESULT - I CAN WALK AGAIN! PAIN IN CALF MUSCLES GONE!

Next up - stress test. 

Thank you to the staff. Here are pictures of some of the staff.






                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment