Sunday, August 6, 2017

# 42 PREPARING FOR KNEE REPLACEMENT AUG 7

Back in June I joined the Perry County Recreation Pool in Duncannon. I grew up a competitor swimmer but haven't been in a pool to swim laps for quite a few years (except for an occasional lap swim in a pool while on vacation). First Day there I swam 8 laps. I believe the pool is 25 yards long. The second day I swam a quarter of a mile and did 15 minutes of leg aerobics. I increased to a half a mile. AND My knees felt so much better after being back in the pool. Will miss it terribly. Earliest I might be able to get back in pool is after stitches removed on August 21. 

 I also took hikers there for a break from the heat. We had a great time.

I am a bit nervous about the knee replacement tomorrow, August 7. I have worked hard to get everything done before I go - getting 2 weeks worth of chores done in a week!  Almost done! 

I will need help for awhile after I get home because I won't be able to drive for 6 - 8 weeks. UGH! I will be messaging my friends who have offered to help through facebook in a group message about when and what I need help with.

I expect to be in hospital for 6 days: 3 days Holy Spirit for operation, 3 days rehab since I live alone.   

Hopefully my recovery won't be too bad. I am scared because of the stories I have been told about the pain! If anyone wants to stop in and visit or check up on me it would be greatly appreciated because I can't drive for 6 - 8 weeks.

1 comment: