Monday, May 9, 2016

#17 SIDE EFFECTS HAVE BEGUN

MONDAY, MAY 2 - AM BP 129/56, PM BP 128/58 with symptoms, 2 radiation treatments

TUESDAY, MAY 3 - I woke up depressed from 2 things - struggling with being a complete quitter of cigarettes and worried that I wouldn't get to go to trail days because on Monday the radiation therapists told me Dr Sood plans on a radiation booster following the 30 treatments. 
After radiation a cat scan was done to check the progress. Good news - Although Dr Sood said it doesn't tell the whole story but the tumor is almost gone. After the radiation treatments I saw Dr Sood.  I saw him in the hallway and reached out for a hug which he returned big. He told me later that he could tell something was wrong. He said I didn't look my cheerful, happy, strong self. We talked about my depression and my struggle with the cigarettes. He was a great help. AND he said I can start the boost when I come back from Trail Days. http://www.traildays.us/

WEDNESDAY, MAY 4 - I went for my visit with Dr Veytsman and blood tests between radiation treatments. BP was 112/58 because I forgot and took a whole pill at 7 am. Received a call from Amy the nurse navigator and she said my white cell count is really low and reinforced the instructions given to me earlier. Basically, I have to be really careful because now my body can't fight infection.


Following the visit I went to the second floor to get my chemo schedule and met Candace, the scheduler.  Here is an updated schedule including doctor visits, radiation, and chemo:
WEDNESDAY EVENING SAD NEWS - I learned that a trail family member passed away. A toast to an absent friend. Big hug to all as we mourn Baltimore Jack's passing. May we find comfort that we had the pleasure of knowing him and joy and laughter in the memories. 
So many wonderful memories going through my head. 

FRIDAY, MAY 6 - Side effects started this week including extreme acid reflux and fatigue. Some days all I was able to do was make appointments, eat and sleep. I saw David C. Weksberg on Friday after my first radiation of the day.
After reviewing my chart and seeing my blood test results he gave me off for the second radiation on Friday hopefully giving my body more time to rebuild white blood cells. He also prescribed Omeprazole and Magic Swizzel for the acid reflux side effect. And ordered blood tests for Monday before radiation.
I also saw Dr Bibosa on Friday for a blood pressure check. He changed my blood pressure medicine to a less strong medication.

Day 13 of 15 of radiation complete.

UPDATE ON CIGARETTES - Thursday, Friday and Saturday no cigarettes. 4 on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment