Sunday, August 21, 2016

# 27 SET UP FOR BRAIN RADIATION

On Thursday, August 4 I had my brain radiation set up done. Dr Weksberg said the MRI showed no cancer but there could be microscopic cancer that isn't seen on the MRI. So, since the type of lung cancer I had is known to spread to the brain, they are doing preventive radiation - low dose, 10 treatments. 

Dr Weksberg told me about the potential side effects of brain radiation - sore throat, fatigue, hair loss and 6 months to a year down the road memory and/or concentration issues. He said, for instance, I will need to make a list for the grocery store. I laughed and said, "I have to do that now!"

He then explained the mold will be over my face. I thought to myself, thinking of the previous molds that were under my body for the other radiations, Hmmmmm!

As the techs started the procedure they said they would be putting a softened form over my face and stretching it. It was a little weird. Felt like Hannibal! When they finished I saw the mold and asked if I could have it. They said yes, it's yours. They said lots of people do fun stuff with them. 


Radiation is scheduled to start after I return from my vacation to the beach.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment