Wednesday, August 24, 2016

# 29 BRAIN RADIATION IS KICKING MY BUTT!

The first day of brain radiation took a while because lots of marks need to be placed on the mask because my head position needs to be the same every time. During my cervical cancer and lung cancer radiation marks or tattoos were placed on my body but now they are placed on my mask. 

I mentioned to the techs that this must be hard for those that are Claustrophobic. They said it is hard for some that are not even claustrophobic. They said I do great. Except for the first day the treatments only take a few minutes.

So far the worst side effect is fatigue. I am only awake about 6 to 8 hours a day. Dr Weksberg said to try and exercise when I feel tired, it may help. He said the fatigue should go away within a few days after treatment ends. Last day is next Wednesday.

On treatment table before tattoos

On treatment table after tattoos

 

No comments:

Post a Comment