Tuesday, April 26, 2016

# 12 OKAY, LET'S GET 'ER DONE!

RADIATION FIRST AT WEST SHORE FACILITY, THEN CHEMO AT EAST SHORE FACILITY THEN RADIATION AGAIN AT WEST SHORE FACILITY!

THE RADIATION ROOM


And here's me on the radiation table! Appointment only takes 20 minutes from the time I walk in door to walk back out!
BIG THANK YOU TO MY DAUGHTER TINA WHO DID ALL THE DRIVING FOR ME ON WED THROUGH FRI., APRIL 20 TO 22.  LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK.

  RECEIVED GUIDELINES OF SIDE EFFECTS AND WHEN TO CALL DOCTOR OR NURSE

CHEMOTHERAPY RECEIVED - CYCLE 1

Day 1  - Anti-nausea and steroid infused with saline then cancer drugs Carboplatin and Etopozide.

Day 2 - Saline flush to rid body of carboplatin so it doesn't lay in kidneys, Etoposide

Day 3 - Same as Day 2

ORAL MEDICATIONS SCHEDULE

Day 2, 3, 4, 5 am and pm Dexamethazone (steroid for all side effects) and Ondansentron (anti nausea)

Day 6 am and pm Ondansentron

OUCH !

Day 1 Needle going into my port brought tears to my eyes because of the pain but my nurse assured me it would hurt less each time.

Day 1 Arrived at 9:10 am. Infusion started at 10:20 am. Flush started at 1:44 pm and ended at 2:00 pm.

BIG THANK YOU TO MY NURSE MEGAN ON APRIL 20! She was very kind and caring and explained everything very well.

Day 2 - 4/21/16 My nurse on day 2 was Rita and the volunteer was Manoja. At 9:27 Rita infused the prehydration to clear out day 1 treatment. Rita elevated my legs because she noticed swelling. At 10:20 the etoposide was infused and at 11:30 am I was done. No pain today from the needle.

Day 3 - 4//22/16 My nurse was Jodi and the Volunteers were Barbara & Tom. I arrived at 9:15 and was done at 11:09 am.

 WEIGHT GAIN
Gained 5 lbs since first weigh in. Nurse assures me it is all the fluids and I should piss it out over the weekend.
CARE OF PORT
Always remove bandaids within an hour to prevent infection. Don't need to specially cover to kayak. Pat dry if port gets wet. Do not submerge port.
CONSTIPATION (my only side effect thus far)
is a side effect of the ondansentron and should be relieved by taking stool softeners, lots of water, prunes, fruit and vegetables. Start remedy as soon as start taking medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment