Thursday, April 14, 2016

# 3 LUNG BIOPSY RESULTS

On Monday April 5, 2016 I saw Dr Moritz to find out the results of the lung biopsy. 
Small-cell Lung Cancer Neuroendocrine tumor Grade III. Left lung.


He showed me the "video" that showed the needle going in for the biopsy. The doctor performing the biopsy got several samples before I started to bleed in lung.

Since surgery by Dr Moritz is not an option because cancer is also in lymph nodes (that is what makes it Grade III), he referred me to Dr Sood, Radiation Oncologist and Dr. Irina Veytsman, Chemotherapy Oncologist. 

Dr. Moritz stated that my case would be presented at the Thursday meeting and then I would receive calls from the oncologists. The scheduler that I spoke with after seeing Dr Moritz must have read the look on my face and assured me this is not a death sentence and they would take care of me. Dr Moritz also gave me a booklet titled Living With a Diagnosis of Lung Cancer (excerpts below). I know Dr Sood because he treated me after the cervical cancer. HOWEVER, I was home maybe 30 minutes and I received the phone calls to schedule appointments.
When I got home I smoked 6 cigarettes in a row then said to myself "Get a Grip, Mary. Calm down." I then took a 6 hour nap!

MORE FROM THE BOOKLET DR MORITZ GAVE ME ABOUT QUITTING SMOKING

 

No comments:

Post a Comment