Saturday, April 23, 2016

# 7 KEEPING THINGS NORMAL



HIKERS HAVE BEEN FLOWING THROUGH starting with  Working Class on March 30, 2016.












         NEW HIKER BEDS!






ON TUESDAY, APRIL 19, 2016 LIFE WAS VERY NORMAL. 

 Two hikers packing to hike out,
another hiker waiting for me to shuttle him, and later during the shuttle to Waynesboro,VA I get a text from Vicky at the Doyle that a 7some year old hiker from Australia would like to stay for a few days and be shuttled to Harrisburg on Saturday. The hiker I was shuttling became not only my co-pilot but also a great secretary! 

SO, the hiker season has begun and I am going to keep trying to do what I do.

At the shuttle arrival I was pleasantly surprised to see the ALDHA pavilion that was erected there a few years back and of course I had to take the opportunity for a picture.

During the ride and after I had more texts from hikers to reply to.
  Turns out that  one shuttle would be completed by my now hiker/assistant shuttler from Australia Noel!
He in turn learned something new on Thursday - how to follow a gps!

So life is good and I had a great Tuesday! Fired up and ready to beat this cancer with my first treatments beginning on Wednesday. And a nice surprise when I woke on Wednesday morning
while I was talking with Noel in kitchen I see another set of hiker feet going bye in Hallway. Welcome NOBO Wanda aka 3 SOX!


 

 

OH, almost forget. The quitting cigarette update!

So at about 7 days away on my chart to the last cigarette I started to get stuck on a speed bump. I was actually smoking about 10 cigarettes on a 7 cigarette day. I repeated the 7 cigarette day attempt 3 days in a row without success. So, I decided to go ahead and smoke those 10 cigs a day and on my quit day to quit! My quit day is also my first treatments day - WEDNESDAY APRIL 20, 2016.

IF YOU WANT TO QUIT, PICK A QUIT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment