Wednesday, April 13, 2016

# 2 HIT BY LIGHTNING AGAIN

As a follow up to my cervical cancer, Dr Willis ordered a pet scan. Because it showed hot spots on my lungs and lymph nodes in the area he referred me to Dr Troy Moritz, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeon at the Brady Building of Harrisburg Hospital. Specialty:Thoracic Surgery, Areas of Interest:Thoracic Oncology, Treatment of lung, pleural, mediastinal and esophageal malignancy.

On March 4, 2016 he reviewed with me as he looked at the pet scans. 

He ordered a lung biopsy which was done on March 22, 2016.

OK, I'M SCARED! 

Scared enough to get back on my program to quit
smoking. I had gradually crept back up to almost 2 packs a day again. My program is to take one cigarette away a day and spread cigarettes out exactly evenly. I started on a 30 cigarette day. If you want to quit and are having trouble here's how to make your own personalized chart. First day write down time of first cigarette, count cigarettes smoked, write down time of last cigarette. Second day, smoke same amount of cigarettes but space them exactly evenly in time. Third day take one cigarette away and again space evenly. The first cigarette time is total time divided by number of cigarettes with the difference in minutes apart from previous day added to previous day start time. CONFUSED? If you want to try it give me the information from day 1 and I will create chart for you.
Here's my chart which I created 30 some years ago (The first time I tried to quit from 3 packs a day! I got down to a pack a day but never finished!) when I saw an ad on tv for a hand held device that calculated it for you.
Some days I struggle and cheat so I just repeat that day. As of today, I am struggling at 5 cigarettes per day. But I am not giving up. I want to be a non-smoker! Because I want to live. I want to spread love and
kindness. I want to spend more time with my daughter Tina and my grandchild Dalton.
I want to walk in the woods again. I want to keep helping hikers. I want to kayak more.

I want to teach others about Leave No Trace. https://www.facebook.com/groups/IbelieveinLNT/
I want to have lots of fun with my friends. I want to take more trips to the beach.

I want to lead a winning team to TAPS Nationals. I want to do new things and visit places I haven't seen before.

I WANT TO LIVE. PLEASE DEAR LORD HELP ME FINISH THIS TASK!


From a brochure Dr Moritz gave me;

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Mary. You're doing everything right. You got this!

    Great idea for quitting smoking. I'm going to share that with a few folks I know who want to quit. Maybe try hypnosis to get over that last hump?

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Mary. You're doing everything right. You got this!

    Great idea for quitting smoking. I'm going to share that with a few folks I know who want to quit. Maybe try hypnosis to get over that last hump?

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're really putting in awesome effort to get the results you want! We'll keep cheering you on, but you got this!

    ReplyDelete